Posted on: 23 October 2019
Dentures are used to replace missing teeth. These are removable devices that must be cared for regularly to ensure that they last longer and do not cause infection and irritation. The dentures used today are extremely comfortable and are almost undetectable to the naked eye. Two main types of dentures exist: full or partial. Dentists usually advise their patients with regard to the daily practice of keeping dentures clean and functional. However, as with any type of medical device, problems can arise and the dentures may need to be repaired from time to time. Repair is much more cost-effective than complete replacement, and most often, patients seek repair before opting for replacement.
What are denture repair clinics?
Denture repair clinics exist for the purpose of prompt denture repair so that patients can get back to their daily routines. Normally, these clinics also offer other services, such as new dentures and tooth repairs. There are numerous reasons why one may require denture repair; here are the most common ones:
- The denture base is uncomfortable and is not supporting the gum appropriately
- The denture is becoming worn out due to age; dentures can weaken with age
- The denture has become damaged due to chewing on a hard piece of food; hard and brittle foods, such as an olive seeds for example, can often damage the denture
- The denture plate has broken
- The denture has dropped on a hard surface; this can happen to anyone. Frequently, people drop their dentures onto the hard bathroom floor whilst putting them on or taking them off
Dentures may also become lost unexpectedly, meaning the patient requires a new replacement urgently. This happens often, and this is another reason why denture repair clinics offer denture replacements as well.
How can denture repair clinics help?
Denture repair clinics are operated by professionals who not only repair dentures in a small amount of time, but they also ensure that the repair is done properly to prevent the dentures breaking easily again. Ensure that the denture repair clinic chosen is one that has experienced professionals who know what they are doing. It is also important to note that if the denture has broken with some pieces coming off, then one must ensure that they also bring the broken pieces to the repair clinic.
As long as the damage isn't too extreme, the dentures can usually be repaired in one day.Share